The DeWalt DWP849X Variable Speed Rotary Polisher is a lighter, more powerful polisher designed to restore auto paint with more control and comfort. The DeWalt DWP849X has a CFS Controlled Finishing System with soft start to ensure high finish quality. Use it for auto detailing and restoration, metal and concrete finishing.
Compared to the previous DeWalt 849 polisher, the DWP849X has improved ergonomics and control, a more powerful motor, and it’s lighter. The variable speed dial delivers 0-600/0-3,500 RPM, giving users the power and speed necessary for difficult applications. The DWP849X weighs just 6.5 pounds, yet it houses a 12 amp motor (the DW849 contains an 8 amp motor).
The DWP849X includes the (CFS) Controlled Finishing System® with soft start to give users improved speed control and finish quality. In addition to the traditional straight side handle, the DWP849X comes with a three-position bale handle for multiple gripping options. It also offers an ergonomically sculpted rear handle with rubber overmold, as well as a non-marring rubber gear case cover which helps to reduce the chance of finish scuffs or scratches. The ergonomic two-finger trigger helps to reduce user fatigue by accommodating a range of finger positions for professionals using the tool over an extended period of time; all of these features provide improved comfort and speed control compared to traditional polishers.
The DeWalt DW849 high speed buffer is one of the top buffers in its class. It will give you long life and is one of the most balanced and comfortable buffers out there. The placement of the spindle in relation to the handle is the key. The spindle is on the same plane as the handle placement. This configuration gives a detailer the most hand comfort and allows better maneuverability.
The technical specs of the buffer are as follows:
- Powerful 8.0 amp, all ball bearing motor, for long life
- Electronic module maintains specified speed even under load
- Conveniently located variable speed dial lets the user set speed from 1000-3000 RPM and has a lock-in button to allow user to re-position hand for better grip.
- Variable speed trigger allows user to instantly control speed from 0 RPM to dialed setting.
- Heat treated, precision-cut gears for smooth operation.
- External brush caps for easy servicing.
- Spindle lock for easy pad changing.
- 17 inch length. Weight: 8.25 pounds. 2 position side handle
NOTE– this buffer does not come with a Velcro backing plate.
The backing plate that comes with the machine will not work with Velcro pads.